Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Wednesday

I was up late working on a blog on what I dislike about the poster for the new film "Abducted"I had gone bar hopping with a lovely lady earlier in the evening, worked on the blog when i got home and fell asleep about 4am. This morning at 8:30am, i awoke to the sound of a tow truck taking my car away. It was on the wrong side of the street today for the street cleaning; I ran outside in a futile attempt to talk reason into the guys cuffing my car. I took some needed things out of my car and walked inside. I was angry for about a minute then, being a Buddhist, I just let it go and thought why am I so angry? It wasn't the money i would have to pay because i was already saving that up to pay the DMVand it wasn't the lack of having a car because I have a scooter. Then I realized that it was my Ego, I was ashamed, humilitated before any neighbors that might have been watching, it echoed back to when I was 8 yrs old and asked to leave the class and go to the principal's office. The walk of shame. i knew that my Ego was behind this anger because when the tow truck left, i breathed a sigh of relief and was calm. I had made plans with my friend Kengikat for him to come over today and photograph my art in order that i could make prints to sell at future art shows.





Kengi is one of the most talented photographers that i know, (Tuanya, Carlos and Paul being some of the others) he is very wise yet humble charismatic yet soft spoken, you'll never know of the hundreds of amazing things that he's done in his life because he doesn't brag. I decided to just pick him up on my Lance Milan scooter, yes it's a cheap chinese brand but it still runs as well if not better than any Vespa out there! When it wants to... I picked up kengi from the corner of Vermont and hollywood where we had some delicious Macho Tacos. When we got to the house there was the regular greeting at the door by my roommate's dogs which I will call "my" dogs. Mia, the Boxer with Asbergers jumping up to try and lick Kengi's face and Oscar de la Hoya, the Pug, Miniature Pincsher, chihuahua mix  quietly smelling his shoes. after he had gotten their approval we got to work photographing my paintings,



Kengi has a great eye. I was amazed at how great the pictures were coming out on his camera's view finder, he experimented with flash, with no flash, different angles, at one point he was sprawed out on the floor like a soldier in the mud, getting that perfect shot! He took the time to go through each photo and compare it to the last looking for all the differences and changing positioning and settings providing me with a full range of options for when i do make prints of the paintings.
 We took a break and got Pizza from Giamelas on los Feliz which "My" puppies were all to anxious to taste..


 I looked over some of his pics. The colors were soooo rich! The darks were amazingly dark! every detail in my paintings were represented, i was in artistic heaven! a pretty crappy morning turned into a great afternoon. Thanks so much Kengi!!!!! I zoomed through hollywood traffic and dopped him off..
What about the car? The one that was towed... I'll take care of that later, hell i have my awesome scooter! lets see $2.00 to fill a tank vs. $60.00, yep, I'll take the scooter.
 Next blog: Why i hate the poster for the newAbducted movie.

1 comment:

Project KengiKat said...

That was a really cool day. Thanks for the kind words. I truly appreciate it.